Starting and running a successful business is not a cake walk. A successful business is the one which has motivated employees and where the management and the ground level staff work together in order to take the firm further.
Motivating your employees is a task that must be taken seriously if you want your business to succeed. After all, it is the employees that make or break your business and it is not possible to sustain a well-to-do business without having a team of dedicated team. Motivation can be given to your employees in many ways, some of which are discussed in the article. These methods will make sure that you can build a strong team and run a successful business.
How can you motivate employees and increase their productivity?
Since motivation plays a key role in the increment of productivity of your employees, here are a few ways that you can use to ensure that they work to the best of their capacity:
- Divide Work Properly: The various teams like the Software development team, graphical web designing team, marketing team, sales team and administrative team must be segregated when it comes to their work. The output is the combined efforts of all the teams but when it comes to individual work, the teams must be given clear instructions. This keeps them out of stress as they know their job and you can expect better results if the teams are well organized.
- Give them breaks: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy is a very true expression. Giving your employees break from their monotonous schedule of work is very important. Let them off to release their steam once in a while and trust me, you will have a dedicated and loyal team with you. Sabbaticals is a great way to allow your employees get some quality time with their family and with the stress levels mounting up in private sector jobs, such arrangements and provisions are becoming a necessity.
- Company Activities: Activities like company trips, parties etc. can be a great way to release the stress. Moreover, these activities allows your employees to get o know each other better and even learn teamwork as they stay together for a few days. When asked from one of the best open source development team¸ they revealed that company trips help them bond with each other and the fresh air gives them the motivation to come back and work even harder so that they can look forward to their trip together.
- Rewards: Rewarding your employees for a job well done will go a long way. Bonus, increment, extra perks and gifts for preforming well in the firm are something that every employer should think about. Studies have revealed that the anticipation of rewards brings out the best in an employee and companies who reward their employees see better growth than those who don’t. Rewarding your employees keeps them motivated and helps you in getting their 100% in every project.
- Meditation and Yoga: Conducting meditation and yoga sessions and guest lectures by motivational speakers is another way that helps in de-stressing the employees and helping them in staying motivated. Meditation and yoga is also good for health which brings more benefits to employees rather than just keep them motivated, said a survey of the various professional web designing team working in the different countries